*Updated Thurs. 5/25 at 2:30 p.m.
GOP Candidate Greg Gianforte faces misdemeanor assault charges for "body slamming" a reporter for The Guardian at his campaign headquarters last night, on the eve of today’s special election to fill Montana’s lone U.S. House Seat. He must appear in Gallatin County Justice Court by June 7. Crime reporter Whitney Bermes for the Bozeman Daily Chronicle first heard the assault report on a police scanner, as she was packing up to leave the newsroom and go home for the evening. YPR’s Brie Ripley is joined in conversation with Bermes who’s been following the assault from police report to Gallatin County Sheriff’s Office citation.
- Housing Secretary Ben Carson Says Poverty Is A 'State Of Mind'
- In NATO Speech, Trump Scolds Leaders But Doesn't Recommit To Defense Pledge
- Do You Know What Red Nose Day Is?
- Trump's Proposed Budget Would Cut $2.2 Billion From Global Health Spending
- 40 Years After 'Star Wars' Error, Newspaper Apologizes To Wookiee Community
- Montana's Fish And Wildlife Commission Expected To Vote On Quiet Waters Initiative
- House Race 'Closer Than We Would Like,' Gianforte Tells Supporters
- How And Where To Vote In Montana's Special Election
- Quist Visits Voters, Campaigns Online Before Thursday's Election
- On The Road: Mary Kate Teske's 'Backseat Sessions'